The KnowledgeLeader team recently added two risk and control matrices (RCMs) to its tool repository. These RCMs focus on IT-oriented risks and controls.
The Application Review Control RCM outlines risks such as:
- Data entered into the application may be inappropriate or inaccurate.
- Materials/services are purchased from unauthorized vendors.
- Journal entries may be posted in the wrong accounting period.
The Manage Service Control RCM outlines risks such as:
- Business processes that are highly dependent on information and other technology performance will suffer in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
- IT infrastructure/systems are inadequate based on the value of the business.
- IT strategies that are misaligned with enterprise-wide goals and objectives result in sub-optimal ROI on IT and sub-optimal business process performance.
If you are a subscriber, you can access these documents along with the other tools in KnowledgeLeader’s growing RCM repository.